Arrest of A$AP Rocky. In early July, American rapper A$AP Rocky – whose real name is Rakim Mayers – was arrested in Sweden after a physical squabble with two men outside a Stockholm burger restaurant.
What’s the reason of arrest of A$AP Rocky?
The alleged victim, 19-year-old Mustafa Jafari, claimed that Rocky and two associates, Bladimir Corniel and David Rispers Jr., beat him and attacked him with glass bottles, causing broken ribs and cuts requiring stitches. Rocky asserted that the man had followed and harassed them, and that he and his team acted only in self-defense. Detained for nearly a month pending the results of an investigation and his subsequent criminal trial, Rocky was forced to cancel the remainder of his European tour and festival dates in July.
America’s Reaction on Arrest of A$AP Rocky
A special U.S. presidential envoy warned of “potentially negative consequences” to U.S.-Swedish relations if American rapper A$AP Rocky were not released from prison and allowed to live in a hotel during his trial this week on assault charges in Stockholm, according to media reports.
The president began tweeting his support for Rocky on July 19, and dispatched Robert O’Brien—the White House’s special envoy for hostage affairs—to monitor the situation in Stockholm. A State Department spokesperson told Politico that Rocky’s arrest and detention raised “concerns,” and urged Sweden “to treat American citizens fairly and with respect.”
A letter written by the US Special Presidential Envoy for Hostage Affairs Robert C. O’Brien addressed to the Swedish Prosecution Authority on July 31 – the letter said the US was eager “to resolve this case as soon as possible to avoid potentially negative consequences to the US-Swedish bilateral relationship.”
Background Story of – The alleged victim, Mustafa Jafari
Down below your will read details about this criminal that you won’t find in the mainstream media, who tries to bury all these under the rug, particularly Swedish media. Mustafa Jafari, 19 years old, is a “political refugee” who sought asylum because he’s Afghani (even though he lived in Iran since 2006 until moving to Sweden). Jafari is a time-and-again criminal found guilty 5 times of assault, bodily harm with a weapon, theft and drug use. His convictions are as follows, in order:
- On December 22, 2015, the first police case was received, a few months after the man came to Sweden (then 15 years old). Assault, 30 days of youth treatment. Jafari and his friend stabbed the third one, with at least wounds to his face. His hands had also received stabs. Svea hovrätt B 4587-16.
- February 18, 2016 In Stockholm District Court, the charge of theft turned into a petty larceny. Stockholms TR B 2805-16.
- May 9, 2016 The Södertörn District Court transformed serious assault into ordinary assault. He hit a man in his forehead and continuously hit him in the face once on the ground. Södertörns TR B 16838-15.
- November 23, 2017 Drug crime conviction in Stockholm District Court. Stockholms TR B 14680-17.
- May 25, 2018 Solna District Court conviction for drug offense. Solna TR B 3666-18
Latest news about the American Rapper
On July 25, prosecutors charged Rocky, Corniel, and Rispers with assault causing actual bodily harm, to which all three pleaded not guilty. At the conclusion of a four-day trial, Rocky was released from custody on August 2 and departed for the United States hours later. A final verdict in his case is expected on August 14.
Is A$AP Rocky going to perform soon?
ASAP Rocky will perform at the Real Street Festival in Anaheim, California on Sunday 11 August, event officials have confirmed. It will be his first solo performance since being temporarily freed from custody in Sweden. He has pleaded not guilty to assaulting a 19-year-old man in Stockholm in June. The rapper has been allowed out of the country before a judge delivers a verdict on 14 August.